Wednesday, June 6, 2007

An exception to the rule.

I have this unhealthy love/hate relationship with essays. It's unhealthy because in the course of my studies, I have done an average of 6 per semester, so yeah, it's an unhealthy relationship. What I hate even more is when they have big word limits, say 3000, 4000, or even 5000 words.

However, I do kinda like it when I have to write about the Asian Financial Crisis. Not because the subject matter is interesting, frankly it's so confusing all I want to do when I'm working on such a piece is blow my brains out.

I like it because in the body of the essay, it would be very tedious to write 'Asian Financial Crisis' over and over again, even with the beloved copy-paste. So I tend to skip it down to just 'Crisis', or 'the Crisis', and being a massive DC Comics fan, I can't help having a smile on my face and get that tingling feeling in my stomach when I type it down. If you don't know what the significance of the word 'Crisis' is for the DC Universe, I suggest you Google it, Wiki it or even go to your local comic book store and buy the Trade Paper Backs.

Yes, I am that much of a (self confessed) nerd.